Plan A 2010
1. Complete the Rocky Mountain Slam if I get into Hardrock
a. Hardrock 100*, plus three of four of Wasatch, the Bighorn 100, the Bear 100 Mile Endurance Run, or Leadville
2. Rocky Raccoon 50 or 100, February 2010
3. Get into Barkley*, March 2010
4. Pocatello 50, May 2010
*Entry by lottery
Plan B 2010
1. Rocky Raccoon 50 or 100, February 2010
2. Get into Barkley*, March 2010 OR Antelope Island 50 mile
3. Pocatello 50, May 2010
4. Devil's Backbone 50. July 2010
5. El Vaquero Loco 50 K, August 2010
6. Wasatch 100, September 2010
Overall, I want to complete these races without throwing up and/or crying. That's it!
How will I accomplish this?
1. Practice and refine my hydrocortisone/florinef needs during long runs.
2. Practice eating during long runs.
3. Consistently and persistently run the miles I need to run to accomplish my goals. I'm using this 100 mile program with alterations. I also started a group on Facebook, Trail Runners of Teton Valley, so we (runners) can connect, have company on our runs, push each other and just have company once in a while.
4. Strengthen my upper body and core through Core Performance training.
Although I've set my race goals high for 2010, it's not accomplishing these goals that's important. The important things are: the journey to the goal, practice being consistent and persistent (exercise, food, meds), staying healthy, enjoying what I'm doing when I'm doing it, taking pictures and making it through our long winter without going bonkers.