Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Sunday, July 1, 2007

I like to stop and take pictures!!

Saturday: My wonderful husband joined me for much of my "big day." We rode our road bikes up Teton Pass. I thought this sign was quite funny considering "bank" refers to snow bank and if you look at the webcam of the top of the Pass, it's in the middle of nowhere! We stopped in Wilson, Wyoming and had lunch. From there, we stopped at the osprey nest on Highway 22 to take a picture of the osprey feeding their new (ugly) baby.
We rode casually out toward Hoback, Wyoming on Jackson's awesome bike paths and then over to Jackson Recreation Center and swam in the pool. We rode back up the Old Pass Road. It gains over 2,000 vertical feet in four miles!! No car traffic is allowed on the road. I took a couple of pictures at the bottom of the Old Pass Road. This is Paul and I not knowing how hard the next hour was going to be.


This is the top of Teton Pass around 1920.







Here's a picture of me at the top. I'm happy that I did Teton Pass twice in one day. I had to jump four times before Paul got this shot.

From the top of the Pass, it was smooth sailing back home. I came home, put on sunscreen for the forth time and headed out the door for an hour run.

I increased my HC by 15 mg (total of 40 for the day) and it was a good idea. After nearly 7 hours of exercise, I felt ok. Tired but ok.

No comments: