Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

15 degrees and beautiful

New Year's day was a gorgeous day. It was about 15 degrees but the sun was shining brightly, there was no wind and there was not a cloud in the sky. Gorgeous! I saw a band eagle fly overhead as soon as I walked outside and then I saw a heard of deer during the run. A nice way to start the new year.

Wednesday was beautiful and today promises to be more of the same. Below are pictures that show how running in the cold can be bearable! Beautiful views and good company.



Top of the Grand Teton



Grand, Middle and South Tetons



My enthusiastic running partner Dolly




A common Idaho past time, snowmobiling. Look at the pavement on the road to the left. It was the only place I've run where you could actually see the pavement. Because I was too lazy to remove the cleats, I had to run on the ice.



Snowmobile track that made for a challenging .5 mile section of "trail". Running on this is like running through sand



A real sleigh. This is what farmers sometimes still load up with hay to feed the cattle. Some just use their sleigh as decoration! See Dolly?



A shot of the road where I ran one mile repeats. I took this picture at night and it looks odd.




Did you ever want to know what it sounds like to walk on ice with cleats when it's 10 degrees at night? This is what it sounds like! (10 seconds)

No comments: