Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 9, 2008

Dear Medical Director,

My name is Justine Hardman and I will be participating in the Desert RATS 50 on April 19, 2008. I have Addison’s disease. If I become unconscious or unresponsive, I will need immediate treatment. Attached is my emergency protocol.

I will an injection kit and emergency protocol in the outside pocket of my running backpack. I wear a medic alert bracelet on my right wrist at all times during the race and keep a medic alert card with my injection kit.

Although I do not anticipate any problems, I would like for you and your personnel to be informed of my protocol should the need arise.

Please contact me if you need more information or if you need me to check in with the medical personnel prior to the race.



Justine Hardman

No comments: