Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Busy, busy, busy-Happy 4th and NO SNIVELING!


I'd like to do a post about electrolyte replacement and Addison's. Would you like to contribute? Have an experience to share? If so, email me at contact@addisonssupport.com

I've picked up a new job cleaning another very large house. In 3 weeks, I'm also going to help with Mountain RATS stage race in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Zane's leaving for a 28 day National Outdoor Leadership School course in the Winds on Wednesday.

People think I'm kidding but we've only got about 90 days without snow fall! Despite the lack of snow fall, I'm still bumping into snow at the top of every run. See the pictures below.

The last few days in pictures
Alicia and I in the 4th of July parade promoting the Teton Valley Hospital Foundation's Diamond Gala fund raiser on December 6th, 2008. The Foundation is trying to raise $1,000,000 for a CT scanner



An Idaho bridge



Still a lot of snow at the top of Pole canyon



Paul and I went to hike/run Table Mountain but I seem to have forgotten that the bridge was out on our selected route. We turned around and took the other route. Here's the sign at the trail head of the other (steep route)!



Paul running up the "flat" side



Me huffing an puffing and walking slowly up the "steep"side




A view of Table Mountain in the foreground, the Grand Teton, Middle Teton and South Teton in the background (left to right). We didn't end up going to the top of Table the weather was getting crappy and we were tired from the extra 5 miles! Too much snow also.



A pretty sunrise over the Grand Teton. Taken from my front yard. Forest fires in California make for nice sunrises and sunsets.

1 comment:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

wow great pics .... and stubborn snow :-( huh