Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Friday, September 5, 2008

After the 50

Overall, I am feeling pretty good. I've had 2 migraines since last Sunday. I finally got the courage to do something different with them and it seems to have worked so far. I took some (prescribed) painkillers and antinausea meds in addition to the Relpax and slept through the rest of the migraine. I woke up feeling dopey but what's new.

I am not very sore. I am taking an extra 10 - 15 mg of Hydrocortisone in the last few days for a total of 35 to 40 mg of Hydrocortisone per day. I don't think it's quite enough because staying up until 10 pm has been an impossibility. In the past, I only upped by 5, if that, per day after a big event. I'm learning slowly but surely.

Wednesday I rode for 2+ hours cleaning part of the GTR course of flagging. Thursday I went to my NEW GYM and did the elliptical for 30 minutes. The exercise after the 50 (no rest for the wicked) is part of an effort to minimize the migraines. There's a new gym in Victor and I've got myself a membership. Yahoo! Treadmills and ellipticals galore...they work and there's more than one of each!

It was 27 degrees this morning and frosty and we had snow in the mountains Sunday night. Winter is on its way. I have high hopes of doing Hurricane Pass before the snow really starts flying but we'll see. IF there's anyone out there that would like to join me, email me and let me know! I'd prefer not to do it by myself!!

No comments: