Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Things change


Stress really gets to me.  Some doctors claim stress does not require increased hydrocortisone.  I challenge them to live in MY body!  I've got lots of stuff going on and I'm really feeling it.  I'm tired, tired, tired by 8:00 pm, looking at the clock and waiting for the hands to creep to 9:00 so I can get in bed.  I went on a "run" with a friend and all I could do was walk for a lot of it.




Alta North Road - Melisa.  The first person to run with me in a long time.  I was awful but she wants to go with me again.  She's fast!




Great Pyranees working the sheep.




The sheep and dogs.




I liked this bus.  It is fun!



Hanging out with Allison, Dave and the Grandbaby.  Dani's a mermaid.




A few pictures of A & D's house in the final stages of packing up and moving out to Boise.  It looks so different from how it did a few years ago (see video clip at the bottom).




Empty dining room where the big table used to be.




Living room where the round table and couches were.



Bryce and Jessie singing happy birthday to Paul at A & D's house in 2004.

2 comments:

Pip said...

Hiya! Some people definitely do need more Hydrocortisone for stress!

Like you I ran yesterday with someone who's fast. I got my pride handed to me good and proper!

I've been meaning to ask whether you've ever experienced night sweats? I was getting them last year, then they stopped, then on Saturday night we spent the night at a friend's house at their party. I got to bed around 2a.m. and woke up early in the morning absolutely drenched with sweat streaming off me. I read somewhere once that the sweats might be caused by low cortisol. It was around 6a.m. by that point so I took my morning dose, just in case, then went back to sleep (I'm lucky that way - Hydro. doesn't keep me awake). The sheets were soaking though. It was definitely something more than just being a bit overheated.

Anonymous said...

I just made a post on my site about a recent Arizona State University study on stress. And one of the measurements they used to gauge the bodies response to stress was by taking Cortisol levels.

I think this shows that some people get it.