Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Big Horn pictures



I got a migraine last night, completely off my "migraine schedule". I have a feeling it's the start of a series of migraines. There's no evidence to support this theory. Ya know, I get migraines whether I run and mostly if I take days off. I guess I'd rather be active between the migraines than sit around with my butt on the couch watching TV.

My body feels remarkably not sore at all. The migraines have me completely stupid and exhausted. I'm wiped out and trying to rest a little.

Lots of pictures, as little text as possible. What a beautiful course!



Leaving Teton Valley





Interesting rock formations outside Cody, Wyoming




A thick herd of cattle outside of Cody, Wyoming



Me with my noticeable drop bags in downtown Sheridan, Wyoming





The start of the Big Horn 100




Mike E and I at the start, reminiscent of Pocatello 50




Looking down toward the Tongue River Canyon




An exceptionally nice, neat creek crossing. We had to jump or walk through most creek crossings




Need I say more?




Upper Sheep creek aid station. Some aid stations had to have llamas, horses and/or people with backpacks to selflessly haul things in for us. All of the people who helped were volunteers.





Blow down




Beautiful trail




Marie running down the Haul, we went all the way to the bottom of this canyon




Porcupine Ranger Station aid station




Me and Tom, not feeling too well



Short clip of the mud early in the day. Most of the mud was in miles 44-48 between about midnight and 2:30 am, in the dark. Lots of creek crossings. Shortly after this clip was taken, Marie's shoe came off in the mud. What a mess.

No comments: