Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Addison's and endurance exercise



Elk Flats, amazing wildflowers



I think I've discovered a good system for endurance exercise. The morning of lots of exercise, I take double my usual florinef dose. I purchased some 1" X 1" bags. Before a run, I put 5 mg of hydrocortisone and SaltSticks in them. I bring one bag for every hour of running and take them on the hour. It seems to work really well for me. If I don't have a system, I don't take enough HC and end up feeling awful during my run or whatever I'm doing.

Went for a great run yesterday. Wildflowers were amazing. Hardly anyone was out on a gorgeous day so I mostly had the trails to myself! I ran out of water with about 4 hours to get back to my car. Luckily, I had a creek and some water purification tablets!


Trail trash



I got to run along this for 6 miles! Lucky me!




A great place to sit, relax and read graffiti on the trees




Wild roses are in bloom and smell great




Relay Ridge (see the relay towers?) late afternoon




A view of the Tetons from South Fork of Horseshoe




A creek runs down the trail for about .1 of a mile, beautiful!



Cows with bells at Mud Lake

1 comment:

Pip said...

Gorgeous, as always!
I've still never upped the Fludrocortisone. Perhaps I should give that a try some time.