Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's cold



Two mornings in a row. August 16 & 17. Is this winter or summer??




Frost in August



This will be short, I hope. Did the 50 mile mountain bike race on Saturday and achieved my goal, to finish! In the process, I also doubled my mountain bike mileage for the season. Yay! Running has kept me in pretty good shape and now I know where my weak areas are so I can work on them when I start lifting this winter. Went on a 20 mile run with Jen on Monday. Jen did 25!! I quit early and used good judgement for once. My hands were blown up like balloons and my stomach hurt. Good idea to stop, huh? Today I'm exhausted and will up my HC so I can work...

Pictures below from the last week.



Troy's motorcycle and bicycle



Jen on the way up to the top of Fred's



The usual view from the top of Fred's. This is a view that I'll never get tired of no matter how damned cold it is here.




Jen and I stared at this huge equipment going up to Lightening Ridge. The tires were about 5 feet high! As we approached the ridge, the equipment looked like toy trucks.



Me on the road up to Targhee with the picture perfect Tetons in the background.





Joanne happily doing trail maintenance in Henderson Canyon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dusty, you are amazing! :)