Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Moose video, Pole Canyon



Looking north into Teton Valley from Pole Canyon


In order to train for a 50 or 100 mile race, I've been doing back to back long runs. Yesterday was my second "long" run. It was pitiful. I walked slowly uphill and trotted downhill when it wasn't too steep. I slogged to the car, came home and was a slug for the rest of the evening. I was super lazy, tired and achy. All of that was to be expected so I took it in stride and did some reading.

For the Addison's contingent, I took an extra 10 mg of HC on the day after my long run. I was feeling excessively tired, sore and run down. I was not expecting to feel perky or anything after a 40 mile run but I felt my body needed a little bit more HC to keep the nausea at bay. Nausea is my symptom for low hydrocortisone.

Anyhow, here are some pictures from yesterday and a moose video at the bottom.



Holy cow! Does this look like a shark or what?!




Jesus was here




Mistletoe killing a tree. Joanne taught me that's what those ball things are one the tree. I thought they were squirrel nests. I learn something new every day!



Baby horse is growing up fast! Born June 19th.



I came over the hill and noticed a big mud pit that looked like cows wallowed in it. Because I was exhausted, I stared stupidly at the mud pit, wondering if cows were even allowed in this part of the forest. As I stared, I noticed a bull moose in the mud. Here's some video of it as it noticed me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might need to get a less "earthy" smelling deoderant as you seem to be attracting the males of various species. hee hee
I think I would be way more scared of the bull moose than the bull cow...those things are HUGE!! Sounds like you forgot to wear you wonderwoman tights when you went running! Silly you!
Thanks for the nature videos... you should start working for National Geographic!
Hugs,
Shelley

Pip said...

Uh, wow!
And, BTW: an extra 10mg the day after 40 miles sounds entirely reasonable to me!

Unknown said...

Pip - Turns out 10 mg was not enough and I've been paying for it for days...more in my next blog post.

Shelley - you are so funny!! I was very scared but much farther away and very tired when I saw the moose. WHen I saw the bull (cow), I was within feet. Thanks for the complements!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Really nice pictures you take and stories you tell.

Unknown said...

Thanks Stephanie!