Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Signs of Spring

Spring is coming, here are some signs...
Snow is thinning...Grand Teton is the big, pointy one.



Sign along Pine Creek Pass. Do people in other places have this sign?



A drainage pipe that made a pretty ice sculpture with some spring run off.



Still three feet of snow on the good trails.



Beautiful view, I ran up and down this road today.



Spring IS coming, Pine Creek is melting out!



Snow plows knock over signs during the winter, the signs melt out in the spring.




Definite sign of spring, snowmobilers, desperate for the last ridable snow, ride on the highway and muddy shoulder in an effort to get to the trails.



Joanne and Bridger on the road up to Targhee. Hardly any snow left.



Horsecicles on Salty.



A sure sign of spring is that we were brave enough to leave the Valley and go to Boise. We ran with Allison at Table Rock. Look, bare legs!!!




Me standing in the bucket of an excavator in a quarry. The bucket was HUGE!



OK, maybe gross but a little cool. This is the skeleton of a Trumpeter Swan. It was enormous. It's wing was at least 3 fee long and it's foot was the length of my palm.

2 comments:

Pip said...

Great photos! Does this count as easing back into things then? :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "death" blog. It's so hard I think for me to fathom that death could actually happen from Addison's, since I've never had a crisis and generally feel fine, or fatigued at the worst. I need reminders like this. Thank you!