Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A late spring, Moose Creek trail

This sign makes me happy.  I never noticed that I wasn't allowed to use my hang glider  in the NF Wilderness.


Conditions are not exactly ideal for mid-June.  Usually trails are open about 2,000 feet higher than they are now.  We had 300% above average snow pack this winter.   

I had to turn around here.  It was like a raging river on the trail.


Some of the trail was beautiful and brought a big smile to my face, like this part.


Moose Creek is high but I'm sure it will get much higher when/if the snow melts

Looks like a small bear was very recently sharing the trail with me

This is what spring looks like


1 comment:

Pip said...

Great photos as always! We have the opposite problem here, at mid-winter the country's ski fields have virtually no snow, and the temperatures haven't even been cold enough to run the snow making machines. I missed out on a week of calm, crisp and sunny weather while I sulked my way through my cold. Of course I recovered just in time for the rain. I fully expected to get drenched tonight but somehow stayed dry, if somewhat wheezy!