Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bizarre things I've seen during Vol State training


This one is for Wanda who loves the weird things I see when I run.  Some of these may not be bizarre but they are to me since I'm new to Florida.


Never seen one of these before.

Statues having a pool side conference.


Always finding these.


Fish on the sidewalk.

This turtle was sticking everything out of its shell, big time.


By someone's mail box.


Not only did I find money but a completely undeserved 24 hour AA sobriety coin.


Oh yes!  And there's a bird on top of her head.


For Allison.


Tin man.


Dolphins doing nasty things





24 inch machete, I didn't take it home.  I was afraid I'd get arrested if I carried this sucker the 7 miles home.


Ever wonder where the sidewalk ends?  The corner of Tamiami and Olean in Port Charlotte.


I was feeling fear and dread about Vol State.  It was like a sign of things to come.  Sorry if I offended anyone with this one.  


3 comments:

Elise said...

Gosh Dusty these are great! Well mostly great, ok some great but all bizarre.....

Thinking of you and how you'll be already on the road as I jog to the stable in the AM (6:30 MST)

hugs Elise

Unknown said...

I love your photos along the way. Stay healthy

Unknown said...

Thanks Elise and Wanda! XO. Dusty