Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yesterday



A partial view of the Teton Range from Pine Creek Pass and a nice, wide, muddy shoulder.  YAY!


Yesterday was finally a good day.  I've been feeling rotten for a week or so now.  Mostly due to some stress I'm having with my son and not upping my meds for it.  I asked for Wanda's advice and she suggested upping my HC.  I did up it and I'm quite glad I did.  The change was immediate and noticeable.  I went from feeling sulky, sore and ridiculously fatigued to feeling human.

Anyhoo...I ran up and down Pine Creek Pass yesterday.  It was a beautiful day and the sun poked out.  We had rain and warm temperatures for a week and the snow has melted an incredible amount.  Melted snow on the road side means exposed treasures!  My next post will be one called "Things that look like money".  Yesterday I found:  no money, a dead, mummified puppy with no legs (gross but compelling to look at), a femur and knee cap with no other body parts, 2 Spanish music CDs, a bottle of Nexium and a big car magnet, lots of beer bottles and cigarette butts.

Some pictures from yesterday...

Signs of spring.  The four foot high fence is melting out of the snow and the Spud Cellars are seeing some action.



More signs of spring.  Along the side of Pine Creek Pass there's some dirt.



An unconventional Osprey nest.  Next picture is a close up.



For years, this nest has been made out of baling twine.  One year, the Osprey got caught in the twine and was hanging upside down.  Fish & Game has to come and disentangle it.  Only in Idaho.




The neighbor's chickens taking a stroll on the newly exposed dirt.

No comments: