Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

TGIS

Thank Goodness It's Spring


The tiny garden that's growing bigger every season.  Strawberries, chives, rhubarb, parsley, sorrel, mint, squash, peppers, nasturtiums, various seeds (we'll see if they will grow)

Spring has arrived in Teton Valley, for the time being.  Although some might see that statement as negative, it's just realistic for the area.  It's entirely possible that it will go below freezing again and/or snow.  Until then there's so much to do!

My cold is going away and I'm getting some sleep.  I think I'll be fine for Saturday's race.  Camping is going to be pretty plush.  Air mattress, 6 person tent, sun shower, etc.  I may text a post or 2 from my phone during or after the race.  

Just so you know, doing races is not an attempt at winning or beating anyone.  I'm a very solid back of the packer (that means finish in the bottom 30%) BUT I do want to finish.  This 50 is actually 51.8 miles and has 13,700 feet vertical gain.  It will be a challenge for me just to finish.  My other goal is to finish this race without crying.  I stink and walk as much as I run most of the time.  I am consistent and persistent though.  I think my lack of ambition for speed has kept me virtually injury free as far as running is concerned!  I guess being a bad runner has some benefits.


Just got a BOB trailer for commuting.  Here I've got my purse and jacket in the yellow bag and trash to take to the dumpster a mile away bungied on the trailer.



10 day old turkey.  The wings are growing so fast!



Stinky turkeys in their home.



10 day old duckies.  19 left, one died.  Getting big too!



Turkeys pecking at my ring.



Very, very short video.  Ignore Travis talking.  Turkey pecking at my ring.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...and here we're going into winter. At least it doesn't snow!

The chicks look adorable!