Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Monday, April 4, 2011

MDS Day 2

Hi All (Paul again) - If you have been tracking Dusty on the MDS web site you know that it took her about 18 minutes longer to finish today than yesterday and this stage was 5K longer. I have been trying to catch her on the finish line web cam, but with over 900 participants and not really knowing what time they start so that I can judge, it is pretty hard. As you will read below, she is in very good spirits and doing well. I am so very proud. She requests emails from the MDS site so that she can be "popular" (I am sure that she is regardless). Here is the direct link to the email a competitor site if you would like to send her some encouraging words (and help her in the popularity contest of course). They print them and deliver them to the participants each day.
http://www.darbaroud.com/uk/html/mds/general/uk_26mds_write-competitor.php 

From Dusty:
Hi!!


Once again, wow! So beautiful here. We started out today listening to AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" with huge sand storm that lasted the entire day. It stayed cool and overcast but now I have sand lodged in every body part. I was not sore this morning at the start of 38 k but suspect I will be tomorrow morning for Day 3's 38 k. I had a nice day hiking with Ed. I ran down every sand dune that was steep. My stomach was perfect today probably because of the lower temps, better hydration and slower pace than yesterday. The dunes were pretty minimal. Toward the end, I saw an entire heard of camels. It was amazing. Tomorrow will be tougher than today. I hope I get more sleep tonight than last night. My ankle doesn't hurt when I'm walking or running but sleeping,it hurts badly.

Please email me, we have a popularity contest and I'm losing by a mile.
 
Dusty :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a good man, Paul! And, Dusty, if you're looking for some additional AC/DC songs for your desert "fun":

Hell's Bells
Heatseeker
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

Brittany from Kitchen Come Undone said...

Paul, thanks for the updates. I want to send Dusty an email but I don't know her race number. Can you post that please?
Brittany

Unknown said...

Sorry, Brittany, I did not see your comment until just now. Dusty's race number is 597.