Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Training Ground



Well, here I go with my first real post. On Tuesday, June 12th I did my first big training day. I drove over to Jackson, Wyoming and used their fancy pool. I swam 1,500 yards in thirty minutes, got on the bike and road into Grand Teton National Park. I rode the bike on the outer road to Moran. The view of the Tetons was perfect all day long. To the left is a view of the Tetons from Moose. From Moran, I went down the Inner Loop Road to Taggert Lake. At Taggert Lake, I ran up to Bradley Lake and beyond. I kind of missed the turn to get to Taggart Lake so I ended up doing a little extra mileage (7.5 miles instead of 5.5). I hopped on my bike and rode back to Jackson.

I really felt pretty good and stayed hydrated. I doubled my Florinef the morning of the ride and only upped my hydrocortisone by 7.5 mg...not enough.

1 comment:

Ree said...

Beautiful pictures, Dusty!