Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Zane trains with me today


Well, all of these pictures are going to look the same since I once again spent time at the southern end of Grand Teton National Park. My son, Zane, actually suggested that we hike together today so I bagged the run I was supposed to do in favor of spending time with my one and only son. The above picture is Zane at Bradley Lake. It was beautiful! Zane unsuccessfully hunted minnows. Here's some video of Zane in Taggart Lake.

I forgot to mention, this is the Lake I couldn't find last week when I went to Bradley Lake, misread a sign and headed off in the wrong direction for a couple of miles last Tuesday!

After the hike, Zane and I went to the Jackson Recreation Center where I swam and he sat in the lobby and read.

I'm pretty tired right now! Tomorrow is a 2 hour run and a bike ride. It was actually hot here today (high 80s) and will be again tomorrow so I'm going to attempt to get out the door as early as possible tomorrow - that will probably not be until 8 am.

Good news: I went and caught my doctor last night at the hospital (I was there for a meeting). He upped my prescription to accommodate my training needs and a little extra so I have enough coverage for sickness and races! He also gave me orders for all of the labs I thought might need to be done because of my increased training and the warm temperatures: renin, chem panel, TSH, FT3, FT4, HgA1C (this was a little high last time it was done) and Ferritin (mine was low and endurance exercise can drive it lower). My doctor rocks!!

Pictures for those who are interested...Zane and I, Taggart Lake in the background
















Flexing!

No comments: