Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

New Jersey Trip

Oh my gosh. What an amazingly great experience!!!!!!! Below are the pictures from the travels, pre and post race pictures. I will make a separate post of the race report. I don't expect anyone to want to read what's below, or anything that I write for that matter!!! I do hope you enjoy the pictures though!

The entire trip was very, very good. All of the travel went smoothly.

Allison and I started our trip out with a little bit of wine! What better way to start a vacation?



Donna picked us up at Newark




We stayed with Donna in New Jersey and visited with her mom, Nancy.



At the Radburn train station with Nancy C and Allison. We took the train to Expo to pick up our race numbers and try to get free stuff. Both Nancy and Allison are grandmothers, can you believe that?!?!?! They both look amazing!!!




See the tail lights in the distance? We saw an impressive parade of police cars. I wasn't able to pull the camera out fast enough to take a better picture.


Me picking up my race packet at the Expo at the Jake Javitz Convention center.



I discuss Addison's with the "Medical Captain" at the Expo. Allison reminds me to ask all of the questions I need to ask. She's much smarter than I am!



This is the finish line of the NYC Marathon the day before the race.



Post race celebrations with Allison, Donna, Nancy (Donna's mom) and me. See our finishers medals!!!!

No comments: