School's out! Although the temp here says -21, there are places in the Valley that are -30 or they wouldn't have canceled school. I can't wait to move to somewhere warmer (2.5 years to go)!!
Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
After 21 days a habit is formed, right? I've hit 21 days and created a habit. Here's what I've learned:
- It's not as bad as I thought it would be
- My garage is really cold (less than 30 degrees when the outside temp is 0 F)
- Crocs are good walking shoes on a treadmill
- Pull ups get harder and harder, even just 3 of them
- I can walk in pajamas
- I actually like starting my day off with a walk
- I can type on my computer and walk 3 miles an hour, I'm doing it right now
- The world would be a better place if everyone in the US would walk a mile a day
Monday, December 7, 2009
One of two unicorns I saw yesterday
Unicorn #2 making silly faces at me
Buffy looking out from behind Travis' ice art
I spoke too soon about the migraine, got a small one Saturday morning. It wasn't bad since I had taken extra HC (for the busy day of party preparation ahead) and Ibuprofen for some pain in my hip. I recovered quickly and got on with the day.
We considered Festival of Trees 2009 a success! It may not have been a huge money maker for our local hospital but it ran smoothly and our guests appeared to have a wonderful time. Pictures and updates on the event at a later date.