Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Training & Addison's related

I've ramped up my training but neglected to up my meds. oops. Problem.

When I was training for the Vineman and the GTR 50 in 2007, I upped my daily Hydrocortisone to 25 mg/day and Florinef to .05. I've not been doing so much for November and December so I decreased to 22.5 mg HC and .025 of Florinef (couldn't go lower on either). In the last 2 or 3 weeks I started doing more and have not increased any meds at all.

Yesterday was terrible. It started out with a headache and 1.5 hours of shoveling 12 inches of snow out of the driveway. I was exhausted too. Skipped my run for the day and moped around. By evening, I took 10 mg extra of HC to no avail and I started getting nauseous and really unable to form coherent sentences (I'm sure it could be argued that I never make coherent sentences). I took 5 more mg of HC and started feeling much better, nausea went away and slept well. Woke up this morning feeling like a million bucks.

Moral of the story: Make sure you increase your HC if you need to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Duh Dusty
I thought I was the only one to overdo without increasing meds! Listen to your advise to me lol The snow pictures and the moose were awesome
Jan