Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Sunday long run

Sunday's run was a great one. I was by myself, the sun was shining brightly and the air was cold. I was out for 2+ hours enjoying winter. I was out a little longer than expected and the "rescue party" was sent out for me. I was fine!

Allison and I did the same run 3 years ago that I did on Sunday (and then some). The seven miles we did was a huge deal. As a matter of fact, I think I was so nervous about the run 3 years ago that I lost sleep over it.




These are the cleats I put on my shoes. I would recommend them to anyone who has to maneuver on ice or hard packed snow for any reason, not just running. They are easy to put on, easy to remove, they also don't feel lumpy through your shoes and the spikes do not wear down that I can see. They are called Ultra Grips and can be purchased for $8.00 at this website.



The view to the North toward Driggs. Lisa, I took this one for you!



The view to the South toward Victor. The mountains you see are the Palisades.



The pointy, gorgeous mountain you can see in the background is the Grand Teton. What you see in the foreground is crappy trash dumped by an inconsiderate person. I stuffed the bottles in the snow in hopes that someone would pick them up. Please don't drop trash on the ground, ESPECIALLY CIGARETTE BUTTS. I don't know how people can litter in such a beautiful place.



Yum, cows!



Where is the bike path? Under 3 feet of snow!



Here's the bike path, being used as a snowmobile trail right now and for months to come.



Moose poop or Milk Duds?




Teton Creek and animal tracks.



A picture is worth a thousand words! Grand Teton (center) and Teewinot (left).



Playing with the settings on the camera as an excuse to walk.



Watching planes land and take off while walking South of the airport.

No comments: