Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Training: A kink in the weekend plans

I know I keep banging on about the weather, the snow and the cold. It's March 26th and many of you are getting out your patio furniture and summer clothes in anticipation of spring.

We awoke all night to snow hitting the windows and high winds. Unbelievable!! When I got up and looked outside, it's a blizzard...again. Here's the National Weather Service Advisory:

Snow and Blowing Snow Advisory

/O.CON.KPIH.SB.Y.0005.000000T0000Z- 080329T1800Z/ UPPER SNAKE HIGHLANDS- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DRIGGS... DUBOIS...ISLAND PARK... ST. ANTHONY 317 AM MDT SAT MAR 29 2008

...SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MDT TODAY...
A SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MDT TODAY.
SNOW HAS SPREAD INTO THE UPPER SNAKE HIGHLANDS AND WILL BECOME MODERATE AT TIMES TODAY WITH STORM TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 6 INCHES POSSIBLE BY NOON TODAY. STRONG GUSTY WINDS WILL ALSO ACCOMPANY THE SYSTEM THROUGH THE REGION PRODUCING AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED VISIBILITY AT TIMES.
A SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW ADVISORY MEANS THE COMBINATION OF GUSTY WINDS AND SNOWFALL WILL LEAD TO HAZARDOUS TRAVELING CONDITIONS IN NEAR WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES.
I've got to do 2, 2 hour runs this weekend and it looks like they're both going to be on the treadmill. Even though the forecast says blowing snow will all be over at noon, it could still be pretty ugly out there from noon on. I'd hate to get an hour away from the house and have whiteout conditions kick up again, I'd have to hitchhike home!!
I'd post a picture but it would look like the ones below where there's blowing snow. Boring.

No comments: