Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Picture album and migraines

I've spent the last 2 days hanging out between the bed and the couch with migraines. When I got my FOURTH migraine yesterday morning, Kate helped me decide that I ought to go to the doctor to get a shot or two to break the cycle. I did it. I hate shots but they seem to have done the trick. So far no new migraines. The doctor prescribed a new med for me to try to get rid of migraines once they happen but so far no ideas about how to keep them from occuring in the first place.

I guess I need to mention that the reason that migraines are so dangerous for me is because if I start throwing up, I dehydrate easily. In addition, I can't take the main medicine (hydrocortisone) that keeps me alive. Lastly, if I do start throwing up and can't keep liquids down, I end up in the Emergency Room with an IV and it's really expensive to have that happen.

I can't remember if I've posted this Picasa photo album
Grand Teton Races 100, 50 and Trail Marathon

Grand Teton Races 100, 50 and Trail Marathon
'
link with pictures of the Grand Teton Races. The pictures are of the 100 milers, 50 milers, Trail Marathon runners and our Support Crew (Allison and Dave). There are a lot of pictures!

Running has fallen by the wayside because I've been so busy and from lack of planning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I was diagnosed with Addisons about 8 years ago. Doing my first marathon, Chicago, in a couple of weeks. Would love to email with you, if possible. Wondering how you increase your meds for long races.
-Dan DiPiro, dipiro@gsinet.net
(www.mogulskiing.blogspot.com)