Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rainbows and fall colors in the Tetons


A rainbow that goes into the South Fork of the Snake River. I couldn't find the pot of gold but I know I was very close to it!



Hey everyone. It's been a busy week for me here. I haven't run much. I did get some pretty nice pictures though. Fall is definitely here.

I'm working hard at the ranch where I caretake. The owners are coming in at the end of the week and I've got to get the house ready. Every day while cleaning and taking care of projects, I walk between 3 and 4 miles! Although I'm getting no running in (except Sunday, kind of), I'm at least getting SOME exercise.

Saturday I went shopping and for lunch with Shelley. She's the one soliciting donations of clothing for a quilt (see side bar) that will benefit NORD. We had a GREAT TIME and laughed our way through Sam's Club. On the way home, I followed rainbows for 50 miles. I took 30 pictures but will only torture you with a few.

Sunday I went for a run and missed the trail I was supposed to take. The "trail" was straight up and so steep down that I could barely even walk it. I was supposed to come out miles from where I went in and ended up coming out at the same place 2.5 hours later!

Enjoy the pictures.
Cisco at the DD Ranch



Zane, my son, looking handsome for debate class



The rainbow again in Swan Valley




Fall foliage in Henderson Canyon, Big Hole mountains



Unusually shaped aspen tree



The "trail" that I was on Sunday. If you look closely, you can see a faint double track. The trail looked like it dropped off the edge of the mountain. It nearly did!



Bear poop with lots of added huckleberry goodness



Me tiptoeing through bear poop, it was everywhere. I was yelling a lot to scare off the bears.


Beautiful scenery miles from town (insert sarcasm here)

No comments: