Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Big Horn Wild and Scenic Trail Run

Thursday morning Paul and I will be driving 7+ hours to Sheridan, Wyoming for the Big Horn Wild and Scenic Trail Run. I was signed up for the 50 miler but after my Pocatello race, I felt like this might be a good opportunity to try for 100 miles...again! This time I will finish. I learned a lot when I tried to do Rocky Raccoon 100 in February.

I'm doing this race with all the undiagnosed people in mind. There are a lot of people who are out there suffering from incompetent medical "help" and those who can't afford to get tested properly. Nancy C, you will be one person I am thinking about most! I want you to get well and get your life back!! If you're undiagnosed, I will be thinking about YOU during my race. All the nausea and pain will be a good reminder to me of what it felt like to be sick, helpless and unwell. If you're undiagnosed, I hope that you will think of me and know that with research and being an advocate for yourself, you can be well and you can do ANYTHING!!

I'm not good, I'm not fast, I'm not really even racing. All I want to do is finish and accomplish a goal of finishing 100 miles on foot. The cut off is 34 hours. I will try my hardest and do my best to complete it within the time limit. My husband will be my crew and he will run with me through the night (THANKS PAUL!). He will also be driving home because I don't know if I'd be able to share in driving 400 miles after running for 30+ hours straight.

I've heard the course is stunning and I'm hoping to take lots of pictures. If I have cell reception, I can text and take pictures that I can send to this blog. I don't know if I will, I don't know if anyone wants a blow by blow but I might try. The race starts on Friday, June 19th at 11:00 am in Dayton, Wyoming. I hope to finish before the cutoff (9:00 pm on Saturday), wearing a Wonder Woman costume in Scott Park in Dayton, Wyoming!

5 comments:

when the musics over said...

Like the sign says, "Go, Dusty! Go!"

Pip said...

Oh Dusty I will be thinking of you. Good luck!

Heather said...

Go for it, Dusty! Yes you can!

Nancy C said...

I'll be with you in spirit every step of the way! The Wonder Woman attire will definitely be an appropriate end to this feat.

Anonymous said...

Go, Dusty. I will be thinking of you as I run my measely 26.2 on Saturday. I am constantly impressed by who you are and what you do.