Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Inspiration!


Thanks to Heather, here's some interesting and inspriational reading.

VFF completes its mission to raise awareness for rare diseases! Excellent account of their ride from Pittsburg to Washington DC. Fun narration and excellent pictures. Check it out. Well done Heather!

A 3,000-Mile Triumph, Spurred on by Diabetes: A team of eight people with Type I Diabetes won the Race Across America! “Despite mechanical problems, the team members, started in Oceanside, Calif., and rolled into Annapolis, Md., a distance of 3,021 miles, in five days, nine hours and five minutes. Their average speed was 23.41 miles per hour — 0.17 better than the winner last year, a Norwegian cycling team made up of professionals.”



Doctor rescued from Antarctica in 1999 dies at 57. "I believe you're always much better off knowing what the real truth is. I think it's only then that you can come to grips with your illness, or with any difficult situation. Some people call this process 'mourning.' I prefer to call it tiring of the fear and the depression and the denial, and the fake optimism and the irritation of it all -- and just saying, 'Hey, I'm tired of feeling bad about this. Now I go on.' "





No comments: