Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Why is summer so short?


July 29th, this is a summer morning in Idaho


I've been feeling pretty good. I think it's because I'm upping my HC adequately when I run and work. If I don't up my HC enough, I become achy, tired and inappropriately sore in the days following exercise. It's been a busy week, clients coming and going and lots of running. The weather has been ridiculously cold. Nice for running, bad for regular summer stuff. I hate wearing pants, long sleeve shirts and socks during most of the day!

I got 35 miles total of running in on Saturday and Sunday. I was only sore on my shin where I hit a hidden rock really hard.

I've sorted the pictures by subject so you can skip what you don't want to look at. Animals are at the bottom.

Click to see too many pictures of the most beautiful trail I've ever been on.

Mill Creek Trail
A view of the top of the Grand Teton through the Aspens. This is what you see from the Grand Teton Races course.


Red Creek Trail
Jo and Targhee on the new switchbacks on Red Creek Trail. Thanks Teton Valley Trails and Pathways!!


Aspen Trail

New culvert in the spring mud pit on Aspen Trail. My son helped Teton Valley Trails and Pathways put this culvert in. Yay Zane!




I love running in grizzly country




Yep, took this picture of myself. I'm a geek.




Beautiful!


I thought I would take some cute video of me herding cows off the trail, instead I ended up hiding behind a tree because the "cow" turned out to be a bull that didn't want to be herded


Animals at the ranch

Catch getting his saddle removed




Godzilla on his new roost. Turkeys will probably be released pretty soon.




Baby horse is so cute and getting more beautiful every day.




Baby ducks are still a little weird, can't swim gracefully and stay together in a bunch.




Buffy's legs are getting better by the day. She is so much happier now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee Dusty...I think you and I need to trade places in the state of Idaho! I was just sitting here thinking how I wish it would cool off so I could go to bed.
Love your comments to the bull. He was looking at you like "Are you serious? I could throw you in the tree over there if I wanted to"
Hugs,
Shelley

Unknown said...

Come on up Shelley! I'll be living at your house this winter since it's so much warmer down there (and the shopping is better).

Hope you are feeling better!

XXXOOO

Dusty

Lora said...

"That;s a big weiner" hehehe, how often does one get to say that in life?

Some amazing experiences you live through, that I just bet you'll miss after you leave.

missing you and that amazing scenery,
Lora

Unknown said...

Come out and visit Lora! You can have amazing experiences too!

I can guarantee that no matter where I live, I will find awesomeness and funny things to take pictures of. Probably not so much animal life though.

XXXOOO

Dusty

PuddleThumper said...

How did you get a photo of yourself like that? I love it!

Unknown said...

Hey PuddleThumper (love that name!)

I have a Cannon Elph and it's got a custom timer. I set it for 30 seconds delay and 3 consecutive shots. At the spot where I took this picture, there is post that's perfectly positioned. I put my camera on the post, push the button, run like hell away from the camera counting to 20, turn around and act stupid until the 3 shots are taken. I got lucky with this one! Fun!!