Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Running analogy

My new friend Sarah, great on the uphills and finding trail!

I don't believe anymore that life is an out-and-back course. I don't believe that I've circled the cone and am headed to the finish. I don't believe that what hard will be easy in the second half.
I believe now that life is a point-to-point course and that we don't have any idea what the distance is. We don't know how far we'll have to go or what we'll find around the corner. We don't know if the next few miles or years will be flat and fast or rolling. And, for sure, we don't know where the finish line will be.

Runner's World Magazine, December 2008, John Bingham

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love this analogy. Sorry I haven't got back to you, Dusty. I am struggling a little bit right now. My right hip is sore and I am constantly fighting something off. I think it is because I got so sick a a month and a half ago. I am hoping to get strong and healthy over the holidays. Talk to you soon. :)

Unknown said...

Linda, is there anything I can do? Take your time and email with me when you've got time. I hope you get better!! How's your thyroid? TSH under 2?

Take care of yourself and good luck this weekend!

XO

Dusty