Every pair of sneakers I have is wet and muddy, I like it!
- I've walked a minimum of one mile a day for 89 days now! Yahoo!
- The formerly broken hip feels great. The only part that's sore are the weakened muscles.
- My weekly mileage is right where I want it to be. I'm a little slow but feeling very good about the number of miles and how my body is feeling.
- I'm feeling so good that I signed up for another 100 at the end of July. My friend Lora hooked me up with an awesome woman, ER, who is tough, knows the trail and wants to pace me!!!! Yahoo!!
- Trails are few and far between so far. We've gotten hit with lots of late season snow and cold. I can't wait for spring!
Last week was a great running week. The best part was the weekend. I had a 28.7 mile (have to include the .7) run up and over Teton Pass with Meara and then I ran back alone. Meara's enthusiasm was contagious and we had an awesome time! Sunday I went out with Sharon and Corina for an 18 miler. Sunday evening I was sore and tired but Monday morning I felt fine! I'm doing something right. Additionally, on my long run, I was hungry the whole time and I kept eating without getting nauseous. Ahhhh small victories. The weekend before I had to long and good back to back runs too. Things are looking good.
Meara showing her enthusiasm for running up and over Teton Pass. 15 miles and 2,000+ vertical elevation gain. Well done Meara!!
At the top of Teton Pass. 8,400 feet. An action shot. You're looking down into Jackson Hole behind us.
Steep, steep steep.
We looked over the Teton Pass guardrail and spied some trail and a moose. The moose wouldn't go away, turned it's back to us and started eating. We acted like tourists and took pictures. See the moose in the middle of the picture?
Glory Bowl in the background
Looks like winter, eh? Feels like it too. Beautiful!
We make it to Wilson, Wyoming! Time for lunch and then I head back over on foot.
Snow plow heading up to do some work in the fresh snow.
This sign cracks me up. How many places have a sign that says, "skijoring" on them.
Susie, Heather, Sharon and Tammy out on Bovine Bliss
Even more random. I was in town and saw this Chukar. It's a game bird. What the heck was it doing wandering around Driggs, ID?