Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Odds and Ends


My 16 year old son and his 98 year old Great Grandmother



I'm not sure I have much to say in this post. The race is in eleven days. I have my doubts about my ability to complete the race and I have lots of anxiety. Luckily, I'm starting my taper and have time to get as prepared as I can. I'm on day 114 of my streak of walking at least one mile a day.

The picture above is my son and my Grandma. Zane was able to visit Virginia for the family reunion. He's got some generous relatives who made it happen for him. Thanks Aunt Nicci and Aunt Lori!



Meara, mystery friend and I brave the elements on Teton Pass




Meara, Mystery Friend and I brave the elements on Teton Pass




Joanne and Bridger cross a creek in Pole Canyon




Cool looking barn




Humming birds are back!




A ruby throat posing for me




An attempt at taking a hummer pic. One of one hundred!

3 comments:

Pip said...

Wow, how great does your Grandmother look for 98? Great photos as always. I'm sorry but I was a photo failure on our trail run today. I was too busy trying to keep up with Jo and stay upright, and that was before it started pouring down! I need a little digital camera I can pop in my camelpak, because my cell phone just isn't cutting it.

I'll be thinking of you during your taper. I won't say you'll be fine, because I know how huge this event is, but I will be supporting you in spirit and hoping for you to do well.

Unknown said...

Pip, at some point, please do get a camera. Your surroundings are so different than mine. I'd love to see them from your view (the cat's perspective was cool though). There's a thought, why don't you wear the cat cam???? It's probably waterproof and light.

Thanks for the support with the race! I hope to finish before the cutoff.

:) Dusty

Anonymous said...

Best to you out there! Looking forward to the race report & pics.

:)

Connie