Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011 has arrived
Taylor Mountain from my office window.

I haven't posted much lately.  I have a ton to say but I'm not sure what people want to hear.  Please let me know in the comments or by emailing me.  I've got Addison's rants out the wazoo if you want to hear them.  I've got goals if you want to know them.  I am feeling well.  I am running well.  Working enough.  Keeping too busy!  Pictures for your enjoyment.

Shades of gray.  While out on Saturday's run, everything was gray.  It was bizarre.  I stared thinking my eyes were broken!

Eventually the skies cleared up a little bit.  That's Red Mountain in the background.  I can't wait for spring to be up on Red Mountain again.

Holy crap.  Something's green here in the middle of winter!

Snow breaks things.

Thin white line.  This is why I feel safer on a treadmill in the winter.  The actual running surface is the darker snow to the left of the white line.  The whiter snow is soft and dangerous.  I don't like cars.  I prefer to worry about bears and moose and be on trails.

This is an unoccupied osprey nest that a bald eagle is hanging out near.  No matter how many times I see the bald eagles, they take my breath away.  They are so beautiful.  They are huge.

Typical Idaho.  Snow three feet deep and discarded barbed wire still can break through.

Zero degree sun rise.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can talk about anything you'd like, Dusty. It's your blog. I'm happy to read it.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the input Steve!

How are you feeling?!

:) Dusty

Anonymous said...

Pretty good. My blisters are finally starting to heal. (: How are you? Thanks for sending the runner mail!

PuddleThumper said...

It's your blog and I like reading and looking at whatever you post.

Linda said...

I just like reading about whatever you want to post. I thought about you often during the Goofy Challenge this weekend. You would have loved the race in terms of the craziness! Phil deployed yesterday for a year. Sadness... Do you want to come for a visit? ;)

Unknown said...

Steve, running is going well and I'm...wait for it...cross training! Woo, exciting!

PT, thanks!

Linda, I was thinking of you too, sorry no emails! Can you come up here? I've got clients and houses that I can't get too far from at this moment. Coming down to you would be like a summer vacation!!!! We've got 18 inches of snow in our yard right now with more to come. You are always welcome to visit. Sorry Phil's gone for so long and thanks to him for what he's doing. :) Dusty

Jean said...

Rants can be thought-provoking and change-making. Bring it on!

Anonymous said...

Dusty, My mane is Ken, 64 yrs young, doing my first marathon this summer. Have had addison's for 20+ yrs, but need some good advice as to salt intake, and med adjustments during a long and probably warm to hot marathon. Thank you, Ken Cook

Anonymous said...

Dusty, Ken again, I am just so happy to have found this blog. Thank you for all you do for all of 'us' out there. I wanted to add a question about potassium. We do need to avoid it while taking in extra salt? Or is not a problem? I want to be squared away as much as possible for the marathon, but also for long training runs I am doing. Thanks, Ken

Unknown said...

Ken,

It was great to talk to you the other day. I hope you will share your Addison's experience on the forum. We can never hear too many success stories. Yours is definitely a success story!

:) Dusty

Anonymous said...

Dusty, I am in awe of you, but what an inspiration for all of us. I will share as I go, and if I learn anything worthwhile, will pass that on, too.
It was fun for me talking with you. The first Addison person I have ever visited with in 20+ years of the disease! Thanks, Ken

Unknown said...

Call me anytime Ken! I love the picture you sent me. I know we'll have a great time when we meet. Anyone who takes a picture of himself in his new running shoes is my kind of friend!!

:) Dusty