Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

ONE YEAR STREAKING ANNIVERSARY!



The hardest day of my streak.  It was around Christmas, it was late and I remembered that I had not done my mile yet.  What a great outfit.

I got a stress fracture of the neck of my right femur last year.  The day I was allowed to start walking, I did.  Today is the one year anniversary of walking or running a mile a day.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I encourage everyone to fit 15 - 30 minutes of movement in per day.  It's a cheap, easy way to stay healthy.

Not a whole lot to say.  Running is going fine.  The right leg is sore and weaker than the left (still!!!)  Although it's been a year that I've been using it.  I'm avoiding a run today by doing stuff like this.

Pictures from the last two weeks below.


Trumpeter swans, two mature adults and four babies



Trumpeter swans flying away


If you listen closely, you can hear the Trumpeter swans trumpeting

Bagleys have at least seven white buffalo.  You can see four of them here.  

I think this is Fossil Mountain.  It was too pretty to pass without taking a picture.

My baby survives a right of passage, wisdom tooth removal.

Yeah!

Teton Pass.  Absolutely NOWHERE to pee!!!

Top of Teton Pass, see the picture below to see how much snow there is.


What a view from the top of the pass!


Summer 2007

5 comments:

Suzanna said...

wow, that is a lot of snow!

PuddleThumper said...

too much snow! and we've had the warmest, non-snow sort of a winter.

I remember when you got the stress fracture diagnosis. congratulations on being 1 year post healing with amazing goals on tap.

Unknown said...

WOO-HOO! Congrats on your year of streaking!

Captaincook said...

We have had the big warm-up here in Helena, Montana, in fact should be 50+ today, so roadways are dry, for the most part, and snow is disappearing in all the lowlands.

Love your pictures, Dusty. Thanks for keeping us entertained. Going on a 12 miler today and am hoping the damn wind holds off. It has been TERRIBLE! Enjoy your day, Ken

Unknown said...

Thanks for the congrats! Yes, this is too much snow, way too much!

:) Dusty