Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

January 2013 pictures

January was a busy month.  I drove to Roanoke, Virginia to spend some time with my Grandma Margie on her 101st birthday.  I then when to Tennessee to run/hike in Frozen Head State Park.  I spent the weekend camping and hiking with Shannon and we had an AWESOME time running, laughing and getting muddy.   Too many pictures as usual and they are not in much of any particular order.
Found this on the side of the road while I was running right near two schools.

Bless them, "will opening"


Is it politically correct to have a sign that says "black authors"?  Perhaps in SW Florida it is!


I stopped in Georgia and Chad and Chrissy put me up.  I almost stole their boxer Mosely



Very creative Christmas decoration in the Punta Gorda library!


Never leave me unattended in the doctor's office.  I play with all of the toys and steal rubber gloves.


101 year old Grandma Margie!


TV remotes in hotel rooms are notoriously dirty.  Here's my solution, wrap them in the bag that they put out for ice.


Love it, Super 8 cares about my mile a day!


Blew out a tire, not just a flat, total blow out.  Met the nicest people ever during the blown tire incident.   Someone followed me off the highway to tell me what happened.  A guy came right over and put my spare on.  Took it right to tire place and was in bed within 2 hours.  Awesomeness!

One of the sweetest people in the world.  Wish I took after her!
My Grandma


19 degrees is what I came from, 80 is where I am now.  I prefer 80 in the middle of winter.


Sunset by my house.


Penny smashed nearly beyond recognition.


Skava a blue and gold macaw at the Parrot Outreach.  I am volunteering here now so you will see too many pictures of birds soon.

  
Largo is sweet and loveable


Can't remember this beauty's name but he's got a good home in Miami now.


Toad in my driveway.


I changed a bird cage and this was in the bottom.  There's no end to what amuses me.  Pretend you're a 13 year old boy and you'll see what I'm talking about.


Sunset by my house

Foggy day in Tennessee

Ahhhhh yes, Jiffy Pop and car camping. Fab!
Sunrise coming through the privacy screening on our lanai.

No comments: