Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fast and Furious



Fast and Furious, that's what's been happening and what will continue to happen through July.  There's so much I want to say about so many different topics.  Some will be interesting to some people and some things will be interesting to others.  Once again, this blog is mostly for me :)  This is as close as I come to keeping a journal.  I will be posting A LOT in the next eight weeks.  I will not be offended if you decide you don't want to read!  Each topic will be bolded so you can skip through and find the topics that interest you.


LANDAU-KLEFFNER SYNDROME/MILES FOR MOFFIT 50K, MAY 11, 2013

Chicago girls after finishing their 50k!

Florida AI girls (thanks for coming out J!)

Molly Forsythe put together a 50k run for LKS in Chicago.  Molly has Adrenal Insufficiency and this was her first ultra distance.  Another Addisonian and I ran Miles for Moffit in Tampa, I did it as a "virtual" run with Molly and her gals.  Impressively, three Addisonian's did the 50k distance on May 11 (H and I did it the 11/12 because the race started at 7pm).

MOLLY RAISED $5,000 FOR LKS!!!!!!!


UPDATE

Zane and Pam at Parrot Outreach

WE FINALLY HAVE FLOOR!

Bahia Honda Key

Marathon Key, my boy is putting up with me being silly

I will try to be brief.  Three months after our initial water leak and 2 or 3 other water problems in different parts of the house, we have a floor!  We have moved all of our furniture off the lanai, out of the bathtub and out of the bedroom.  Whew!  My son came to visit and we've been adventuring around.  It's so wonderful to see him.  I haven't seen him for 1.5 years.  He crewed us at our race, we "camped" in the Keys and Everglades and now we are exploring Charlotte County.  He's joined me and Pam at Parrot Outreach.  Yesterday, Zane and I went out to the beach to rescue an escaped Blue and Gold Macaw! 

I will be posting pictures from the last few months, a few rants and a few bird bios.  I'm doing Vol State again as a fundraiser for the Parrot Outreach!  We are raising money for new cages.  Why am I not raising money for adrenal insufficiency?  Because I'm tired of it and the politics.  The parrots are refreshing and I will see the benefits of my fundraising as will the birds!







br />

No comments: