Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Monday, February 11, 2008

2 down, 10 to go or 22 miles down, 110 to go

One of my goals for 2008 was to run up to Targhee and back down every month of 2008. So far, so good. I ran up and down in both January and February.

Saturday was gloomy and the residual snow from the high winds was dangerously blown across the roads. In addition to dodging snow drifts and cars with drivers talking on cell phones, there were plows to try not to get hit by. I opted for the treadmill after running the half mile to the mail box and back and nearly getting killed 4 times. 2:40 on the treadmill was enough for me, I was supposed to do 3 hours.

Sunday I ran on the treadmill for 1.5 hours and then Paul and I headed out to breakfast with Allison and Dave. From there we drove to Teton Canyon and ran up to Cold Springs together. The snow is deep this year. In the picture below, Paul is standing where the Cold Springs Aid Station is located during the Grand Teton Races! That's a deep pile. I ran up to the top and then back down to Teton Canyon.

I'm minimally sore this morning but anticipating seizing up with pain later in the day cause I'm not in as good of shape as I should be to run the miles I did this weekend!


Paul standing on top of the Cold Springs Aid station.



Beautiful view from the road up to Targhee



The final stretch to the ski hill after running up



If you look closely to the right of the sign, at the top of the mountain, you can see the lift shack. This is the lift shack that the runners go to during the first leg of the Grand Teton Races. It's nearly 10,000 feet high. I'm at about 8,000 feet in elevation where I'm standing to take the picture.



I'm a Jersey girl at heart, I love to see pavement!



I found this sign amusing in a perverted way.



A view of the covered Tetons, mere feet from where my husband and I were married.

No comments: