Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Training: 10 days 10 hours until I go 50 miles

Allison, enthusiastic running partner and excellent photography subject. Grand Tetons in background.

A vital part of doing any exercise program entails having fun. If you spend any time exercising outside, you should carry a trash bag (rain jacket, wind breaker, for picking up sloppy people's trash).

When fun and trash bags meet, this is what you get!





In case you're wondering, I'm doing well with my running -Consistent and Persistent. I'm doing the miles I should and trying hard to not let the continuing low temperatures, snow and slush get me down. Luckily I've got Allison and Paul to keep me company and keep me motivated. We're (Paul, Dolly and I) leaving for Fruita, a 9 hour drive, on April 16th. We're staying at a hotel this year! I will very much enjoy NOT CAMPING the night before and the night after my race.

What will you do 50 of on Saturday, April 19th?? Will you take 50 pictures? Write 50 words of a poem? Touch your toes 50 times? Come on Mom, if you're reading this, tell me what you'll do 50 of!

Below are pictures from Sunday and today.

Look, Spring is coming, I can see the top of a 4 foot tall sign in Horseshoe Canyon!



My handsome husband accompanied Allison and I on Sunday to Horseshoe Canyon.


Me in front of the big snow pile on the way up to Targhee today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not 50 miles! 50 pictures of you! I already took 50 pictures of Garden of Gods, that took 50 steps! Do I gt a pass?

Unknown said...

Come out to Fruita and take 50 pictures of me. No free passes, you have to do 50 of something on Saturday, April 19th. You'll probably feed 50 deer!