Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Have Addison's Disease and read this blog?

Hi there, if you are diagnosed with Addison's disease, would you please take the poll on the right hand side of this blog?  You can chose multiple answers.  It is an anonymous poll.  The poll closes on February 11, 2009 in the morning hours.

My friend Sue was wondering about this topic and thought this would be a good way to get some answers.

Thanks for responding!


Fireball said...

I put other because mine came about during/after my third pregnancy. My whole pregnancy I was really really sick, which wasn't normal for me. I only gained 10 pounds during the entire pregnancy. I had an emergency C section and just never recovered from it. I was diagnosed with Addisons 2 months later, after spending a week in the hospital.

Love your blog, by the way. I have Addisons and Celiac, and I also am a runner. If I lived in Idaho, I'd love to be your running buddy!

Pip said...

I chose 'came on after an illness' because the severe symptoms developed after I failed to recover from a cold. However it is obvious to me that I had been developing minor symptoms since my teens (I was diagnosed in my early 30s).

Anonymous said...

Mind started after, I had my brain tumor removed. I have secondary.

Green Key said...

This is a very interesting survey! I chose "Came on Slowly." I felt increasingly weak over the course of about a year, then had surgery for appendicitis, and went into a crisis immediately after the surgery. I was kept in the hospital for four days, until the vomiting gradually subsided. I was not diagnosed. I was sent home and was very weak and miserable for five months, before I slid into a second crisis. I finally got a diagnosis then. So, it's hard to say how it came on . . .