Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Friday, April 3, 2009

The amazingly stupid and inconsiderate things people can say to people with Addison's...

Has someone said something really stupid to you about your Addison's Disease?  If so and you want to share, email it to me or post in the comments.

I lurk on the Yahoo Addison's board and read this quote from Frances Segerson's ex-boss (Fran gave me permission to use this little beauty),


When I was first diagnosed with AD, my boss (a woman) said "So you have a condition that makes you have a tan and lose weight. And you want to fix this?


Classic!  Skinny and tan in a casket is definitely a good way to go...NOT!

No one has ever suggested I try to get off steroids but I know some of you have had people make uneducated suggestions about how to permanently get off steroids with herbal supplements.  Has this happened to you??
Post a Comment