Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Down and out

2 words.  Kidney infection.

For 3 of the last 4 days I've been in quite a bit of back pain.  Today I couldn't handle it any more and went to the ER.  Actually, I went to the doctor's office on Friday and felt reassured that the pain was being caused by a bladder infection.  I thought I could handle a bladder infection with herbal stuff.  Saturday was painful and uncomfortable with a fever, only a little crying.  This morning I woke up feeling ok and immediately took a shower.  By the end of the shower, I was curled up on the floor of the stall, nearly puking in the drain and crying.  My clothes were about 4 feet away and I stared at them, willing them to come to me before I got too cold.  It didn't work.  I couldn't walk 4 freaking feet.  Long story short, pain got unbearable and my husband drove me to the hospital.  I was given 100 mg HC, IV fluids, phenergan, zofran, morphine and IV antibiotics. 

I'm always amazed at how if you need a large dose of HC, it doesn't make you feel jittery or bad, it just makes you feel "regular sick" as opposed to the dying "Addison's sick".

More later.

My extreme aversion to antibiotics and high pain threshold came around to bite me in the butt. 
Post a Comment