Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Chronicle of an illness with Addison's: Adjusting meds for illness


Quick rundown:
  • Monday - pain, itching from pain meds, exhaustion, pain, no short term memory what so ever
  • Tuesday - pain, itching, exhaustion, pain
  • Wednesday - no pain, cautiously optomistic, did desk work
  • Thursday - no pain, back to caretaking, meetings and driving all around
  • Friday - no pain, tired and healed enough to take a weekend vacation
In case you're curious, I haven't run since Wednesday 4/8/09.  Today I did a little 1.5 mile jog.  I'm still tired.



Med adjustments in chart below.  Remember, I'm no doctor and I don't recommend that you do anything I do.  I am just sharing what I did.  I go by symptoms and judge whether or not I think my exhaustion is reasonable considering my situation or unreasonable and because of Addison's.  If I feel really bad tonight or in the next few days, I will not hesitate to take extra hydrocortisone.

7 day course of Levaquin and...


HC
Florinef
Probiotics
Fluids
USUAL DOSES
25-35 mg*
.025 mcg
2 PB8*
3 -4 quarts
Monday
55 mg*
.05 mcg
8 PB8*
4-5 quarts
Tuesday
40 mg*
.05 mcg
4 PB8*
4 quarts
Wednesday
35 mg*
.025 mcg
4 PB8*
4 quarts
Thursday
30 mg*
.025 mcg
4 PB8*
3 quarts
Friday
30-35 mg*
.025 mcg
4 PB8*
4 quarts
* IN DIVIDED DOSES THROUGH OUT THE DAY



Post a Comment