Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Debbie Downer

Yep, Debbie Downer, that's me.

My 13 or 14th winter in Idaho has been a tough one all around.  If I didn't have the running to keep me motivated and moving, I'd probably really be a wreck right now.

Winters here are so long.  Snow has finally melted out of the valley but all around, on the hills and mountains, all you can see is snow.  

A weekend away was nice.  Too bad I wasn't great company.  I was tired and dragging.  At least I was warm!  I returned to Idaho and promptly got a migraine.  I hope I'm through my quota of pain, sickness and annoying myself and the others around me.  Milissa brought me flowers last night.  I think that might be the prescription to getting healthier!!

As far as my running goes, it's been rather pathetic.  I've got to get to it since I'm doing a race May 23rd and June 20th.

I'm going to try to get out and run between the raindrops.  I'll take some pictures and post them soon.

7 comments:

when the musics over said...

Here's to feeling better. Hope the thaw hurries your way. We're looking at the first real whiff of summer on the Jersey Shore this weekend. I'm gonna make some Vitamin D, au naturale. Tell Debbie the party's over!

Unknown said...

Hey there! Debbie's on her way out. I'm feeling much better physically and that's helping everything else!

Oh man, I miss the shore. We're going out to Long Branch in September. Paul's mom lives there. Do you live near there?

:) Dusty

when the musics over said...

I'm near Atlantic City, an hour south. Perhaps we can meet up! September on the Shore is sublime. The locals favorite. All of the "shoobies" go home and the ocean is 75 degrees everyday with clear blue skies.

Unknown said...

Let's try to meet up. We'll be going from Fair Lawn to Ocean to Trenton so we might be passing by your neck of the woods at some point.

I am so looking forward to my son going to down the shore! My mom used to take us out of school in September so we could enjoy the shore.

when the musics over said...

Sounds great! I'm 5 minutes from Ocean City.

Unknown said...

We'll meet up one way or another. She's in Ocean, 5 minutes from Long Branch. Kind of confusing!

when the musics over said...

Ah, Ocean Township. Sorry. About and hour up the parkway for me. No big deal.