Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Third time's a charm? The Bear 100

After a busy week in New Jersey visiting family and friends, I'm off to do the Bear 100. Paul will be pacing me from mile 61 to mile 85. I really hope I can finish. Had a migraine so bad I had to go to the ER two weeks ago. Felt good but lazy on our trip. I've only run once in the last 2.5 weeks and calling it running is a stretch. I've upped my HC for the last couple of days. Tomorrow and Saturday will be hot and dry. The race starts Friday morning at 6 am and I hope to finish before the cut off on Saturday at 6 pm! If you're interested in following my progress, here's the link. Pictures, video and race report some time Monday or Tuesday.

10 comments:

Ryan said...

Reaching the finish line is not the whole reward. The HOPE, The STRUGGLE and The HARD WORK towards this goal is part of the reward. BEST WISHES

Anonymous said...

Good luck and have fun Dusty!

-steve

Pip said...

Good luck Dusty!

PuddleThumper said...

Go Dusty Go!

Linda said...

I love what Ryan said. He's right. I will be sending you best wishes.

rpd said...

Had fun tracking and can't wait to read your report.

-R

goodharborgirl said...

Know that all of us are with you and what ever you do is enough! Best wishes & take care of yourself ;) Jill

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone!

Brad said...

I didn't know you were going home! Just missed you. That's sad. It would have been nice to see you.

Unknown said...

My little Bo Bear come out anytime. Sorry we missed you too. It was a whirl wind trip and I think we wore your poor mom out!

Miss you!