Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Friday, April 8, 2011

MDS Update

Hello all – I have not received any further updates from Dusty, but I have been keeping tabs on her and know that she is still doing well. She had a long day for the 82K, but she persevered. I suspect the long day was the reason for no email. The email service that MDS had for you to send the participants emails is closed now, so I assume that she can’t send any out to me anymore either.
I had not noticed until today, but in addition to the Temporary Results, you can also view live result and see times that the competitors passed through each aid station. This made it much easier to predict when Dusty would cross the finish line. Like Dave, I missed a screen shot of the cartwheel, but I did get to see it myself, which made me smile. Dusty walked off camera right away (without any signs of soreness or limping), but I waited and got the below screen shot. She is waving to all of you!
Tomorrow is the victory lap – 10.2 miles. Congratulations Dusty!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dusty, you look amazing! Congrats on this remarkable feat! Paul, thanks for all the updates.