Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 2 - Day 3

Day 2
Time finished: 6:30?
Place: Parker's Crossing, TN, mile 82
Treasures: seeing Tim and Kathy Dines, petting a baby mini pony, flipping Laz off when he offered me a ride, having lunch paid for by some locals who thought I weighed 100 pounds.

Day 3
Time started: 3:30 am
Time now: 9:30 am
Location: Chesterfield, TN
Treasures: seeing Naresh's smiling face, chatting with the amazing Fred Davis, finding a quarter and being propositioned by a toothless man named Stanley who was buying beer at 9:30 am (he lives behind the Pentecostal church.

I felt pretty awful this morning. Couldn't get a decent breakfast. Feet hurt badly last night. No blisters, the bottoms hurt. I massaged them and iced them as per Bogie's instruction. I will live. Legs are sore and tired. I have no idea why but I thought I'd wake up and feel fresh as a daisy!

What was I thinking? Why did I think this would be fun?

Time to go catch John Price. He was leaving this stop as I was pulling in.
Post a Comment