Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 5

"I wanted to let you know that due to all the donation we are going to have enough funds to create CD's to hand out to the EMS Personnel at the conference. They'll include information about treating AI." -Jennifer Knapp of AUI, the organization for which I'm fundraising.

Yay!!! And thanks to you all!!!

Time started: 3:00 am, trip to Walmart on the road for reals at 3:45
Time finished: 4:15 pm
Finish location: Columbia, TN
Mileage today: 35
Cumulative mileage: 179

Treasures: the beautiful moon, a shiny quarter at 3:00 am, a heron silently flying over Little Swan Creek, perfectly located, clean and full of toilet paper Port-a-Potties, finding an Icee (like a slurpee), being in bed by 6:30 pm and eating in bed. Naresh Kumar's race pictures of the race on FB.

Today was tough. I'm fatigued. Luckily, I was able to complete enough miles to keep moving forward. We got a taste of the Vol State heat. My feet still hurt but are better. I will turn my socks inside out, they seem to be more comfortable that way, go figure.

The pre-dawn hours were perfect. Clear skies and start. There was some fog stuck to the hills. I saw two deer in a field, it was just like the beginning of the Bambi movie (before anyone gets killed), I saved a turtle from the road too.

That Icee was really good.
Post a Comment