Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 7

Start time: 8:40 am
Finish time: 5:45 pm
Nap/rest time: 3 hours
Finish location: Manchester, TN
Mileage: 20
Cumulative mileage: 252 (highest personal weekly mileage)

Treasures: 5 pregnancy tests and a condom, my biggest treasure today was stopping at the Whispering Oaks Campground where I was allowed to sleep on the couch, they fed me, chatted with me and were generally awesome. I'm overwhelmed by the generosity of people along this course. Everyday I've been given something by a perfect stranger. It's a little overwhelming and makes me feel Ilike I should do that more often. I know a lot of people think this world is full of bad and mean people. My experience in Tennessee has been only positive. Even the crankiest of old men wants us to succeed. The friendships I'm making (even through just texting) with other competitors (past and present) has been a wonderful treasure as well.

Today was tough. I was very tired mentally and physically. I mostly walked. Tomorrow will be short with a hill (1,000 vertical in 3 miles). The final push will be the following day where I will complete the final 40.

Yay! This has been great and rewarding. I will probably not do something like this again I think most of ya know I prefer trails to roads.

Sorry this was so long.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Dusty, the end is in sight! I'm so excited for you! Can you believe how far you've traveled by foot?! I can't even imagine... I wish I could be at the finish with a package of Oreos for you! : )

Cathy

Anonymous said...

Dusty,
You are amazing as always! Don't know how you do it!!

Hoping you aren't feeling crappy tomorrow!! Cheering you on from Oregon!

Wanda

Elise said...

And I have been whining to myself how tired I am tonight.... ha!!

Dusty you are such a shining star!!!
Rock On : ))

Elise

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, you're feet + the cause! You're right, there are lots of nice people in this world but these people are inspired by you and your run and what it symbolizes. YOU are pretty darn great! MollyMc

Unknown said...

Dusty?! The longer the better on your post. We love the insight and letting us in on your journey!

Keep it up! And push through it! Glad to hear Tenn. has been wonderful to you! I'm sad to read this journey is coming to an end but have enjoyed the blogs!

Cheers to you Dusty from Orange County ( So. Cal.)

Gabe Figueroa