Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Confessions...

I'm tired, there I've said it.

I am very tired mentally and physically.

I wish the triathlon were tomorrow so I could just do it and get it over with! I've felt like this prior to each marathon I've done so perhaps this is just how I feel after training for months and months and before a big challenge.

I worry about my preparedness and my energy on the day of the event.

I worry about swimming in open water. Paul and I will head out to a lake about 45 miles from here where I will do an open water swim next week.

That said, I am so thankful for all of the support I have gotten from everyone!

Thanks to JeannieBe in Florida for her wonderful, supportive emails, thanks to Wanda for looking at so many of my pictures and listening to me babble on and on about my training, thanks to my family for putting up with me, thanks to Virginia for her coordination efforts, thanks again and again to the NorCal NADF group for coming out and supporting me physically and emotionally! Thanks to my family and friends who have to sit through me saying, "What if...?" And they come up with some good reasoning to put my mind at ease. Thanks also to Colleen, my inspiration to do this race and my voice of reason.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May you swim like Mark Spitz,
May you bike like Lance Armstrong,
and may you run like Joan Benoit Samuelson...

And may you sleep like Rip Van Winle for the next two weeks as you savour your taper!

Dusty, you have done the hard work...now its time to listen to yuor body again and give it some rest.

You are going to do so GREAT!!!

:-)
cw

Ree said...

I'll second that: You're going to do great, Dusty!