Blog changes

Thanks to everyone who followed Training Because I Can! over the last nine years. This blog started with Addison's Disease, hypothyroidism and a crazy idea of doing an Ironman distance triathlon. My life has changed and so has this blog. I am using this blog strictly for Addison's Support topics from here on out. I hope to continue providing people with hints for living life well with adrenal insufficiency.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Trying to get my mojo back!

I've gotten some wonderful advice from endurance athletes with much more experience than I (Thank you Colleen, Lisa, Kathryn and Mike). They all are telling me to put much less pressure on myself with the next two weeks of training.

Because of this advice, I took a trail run yesterday. I haven't done a trail run in weeks. I love and miss being on the trails!! I parked at the top of Teton Pass and ran on the trail that goes to Black Canyon. The temperature was a cool 80 degrees (it was 95 down in the Valley), I was in the shade and I didn't see any humans or animals. It was perfect! Before I got back to the parking lot, I ran through a big, beautiful patch of fireweed. It was the biggest, brightest stand of fireweed I've ever seen. That was a great end to a very nice, badly needed trail run.

Summers in Teton Valley are incredible. I am looking forward to spending much more time out on the trails in August training for the Teton Races 50 mile race.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your interview on blog interviewer. I work on the Accelerade.com community and I look for blogs written by people who have inspiring stories to share. Would you consider writing about yourself and goals at the community? You would be a great inspiration to others and would be able to get support and expert advice in return. I hope you will consider posting. http://www.accelerade.com/team/Default.aspx

Ree said...

You bet she's inspiring, lady. (don't get me started, it'll embarrass Dusty...)